Recent Signups

Eating Meat

• Eating meat is a subject that most people do not want to address through basically wanting to ignore the facts.  The factory farming industry is rife with cruel practices and lies to deceive the public into thinking that certain things have been monitored.  
    The truth is (as evidence shows through undercover investigations into the factory farming industry) that farms that are supposedly monitored for their conditions and "Animal Welfare" are often shocking with animals seen living in their own excrement and in overcrowded conditions.  The Free Range Egg market is a classic example of this that has been exposed by animal welfare organisations.

Please see the link below for further information on Factory Farming...and the truth.

http://www.hillside.org.uk
    August 28, 2017 8:38 AM PDT
  • Not just meat. The following video relates to drinking milk and eating cheese which I personally would enjoy doing except for the fact that cows are treated so inhumanely and have such a horrible (to say the least!) quality of life on factory farms. (My grand-niece continues to 'educate' me in this regard via her facebook posts):

https://www.facebook.com/mercyforanimals/videos/10155378175864475/
    October 7, 2017 10:15 AM PDT
  • The society driven markets of commerce have no respect for nothing other then the bottom line were cash counts for all. This is creating a culture of abuse and neglect for well being of any form. I have a native back ground and have had hunting and fishing in my life. I have been taught to raver that we take in as part of us now. I am a meat eater, as are many other harmonious beings. But in nature there is no industry driving profit and greed. I respect all forms of sustenance and the life they provide, from the energetic fields to the swelling sea all life mineral and biological. And as this cycle ends I am OK to be the next meal starting the cycle again. I also feel others choice to not eat meat, and allow their scale of what has a place in their being. So I see all as equal and in due of respect.

Namaste JD

November 9, 2017 5:29 PM PST
  • Hi JD 

Thanks for the reply.  You are right in saying that the Factory farming industry have no respect for anything other than money.  They really dont.  Profit is the main goal and the welfare of the animal is of no interest to them.  Undercover investigations have shown that the so called welfare acceptable standards are nothing more than inhumane.  It has to be brought to light.
    As you can probably tell I am very interested and have been very involved with organisations to do with animal welfare. I am interested to hear from people with their views and like to share mine on the subject.   
    I am very interested in the Native American cullture.  It is something that I have studied in my quest of understanding.  I have a lot of respect for the way of life.  To me its a difficult subject regarding meat eating and hunting.  My personal view is that eating meat is not needed.  We could live off the land.  However, I have more of a problem with blood sports.  Killing of an animal for sport or fun is the most disgusting and worse form of character there is in my opinion.  Hunting for food on the other hand (although I still dont agree with it myself) at least has a purpose / reason so therefore is worthy of debate.  Bloodsport can never be justified.  Things like Bullfighting, grouse shooting, stag hunting, bear baiting, fox hunting etc.  These acts are sport and designed for the enjoyment of the individual.   I will will make a statement now that will probably offend some people, but in my opinion if a person can find pleasure or enjoyment from watching a living creature being torn apart or stabbed to death for their fun there is something seriously wrong with that person....seriously wrong. 
    However to get back to the subject you spoke of I think you would like to read the following in the link below.  It is written by a Native American lady, I would be interested to hear your views on this.  Can you share a little more about your history? 
    https://ivu.org/history/native_americans.html
    Thanks JD
    November 12, 2017 9:59 AM PST