Recent Signups

Our Duty to be Wealthy

• The more powerful we are the bigger our platform and influence, the greater our wealth then (in general) the more good we can do in the world.

If you are a good person then it is a duty to become more powerful as otherwise maybe evil people will end up with more resources and the opportunities to do evil.

Any thoughts on this?

August 12, 2017 3:37 PM PDT
  • [blockquote class='siteforum_icon_quote']James Barton said:

The more powerful we are the bigger our platform and influence, the greater our wealth then (in general) the more good we can do in the world.

If you are a good person then it is a duty to become more powerful as otherwise maybe evil people will end up with more resources and the opportunities to do evil.

Any thoughts on this?

[/blockquote]

I agree with you on the 99.9% of your comment here, however it is important to remember that less wealthy people have the ability to move mountains also, but you are right..the more financial freedom one has the more doors can be opened.  The evil doing at "the top" could be counteracted if "good"people got more into positions of power.  I agree with you there.  I admire certain famous 'rich'people for using there fame and wealth to bring to attention issues of concern.  These people can reach a larger audience.  One such person is Brian May from Queen.  He does so much to bring attention to Animal Cruelty and uses his fame to bring in the crowds to raise awareness.  A wonderful thing to do.
    September 19, 2017 11:43 AM PDT