A Community for Wisdom Seekers

Do You Play Computer Games?

Question-Bot

Verified
Do you play computer games? Which ones do you like?

Daydreamer

Verified
I do NOT play ever games on comp/mob.. I used to play and I was doing that while I was with my mother during her last days.. So, I cannot forgive myself for behaving in that way at that specific time, instead of talking to her, taking better care of her, and all I could do for her instead of Playing The .. Games! No more!

James

Administrator
Staff member
I do NOT play ever games on comp/mob.. I used to play and I was doing that while I was with my mother during her last days.. So, I cannot forgive myself for behaving in that way at that specific time, instead of talking to her, taking better care of her, and all I could do for her instead of Playing The .. Games! No more!
Bless you my friend. I remember reading that one of the characteristics of the Buddha was that he did not play games. I recommend though that you forgive yourself deeply and fully. There is no point in holding a grudge against yourself any longer. Better to allow yourself to be fresh and new.

From my viewpoint games can have value as they can help us understand tactics and strategy.

Daydreamer

Verified
Bless you my friend. I remember reading that one of the characteristics of the Buddha was that he did not play games. I recommend though that you forgive yourself deeply and fully. There is no point in holding a grudge against yourself any longer. Better to allow yourself to be fresh and new.

From my viewpoint games can have value as they can help us understand tactics and strategy.
Absolutely! I agree.. but, I'm still a simple female and don't like any kind of war games. Although, I read Sun Tzu, The Art of War.. very interesting to see how todays' special operations are done under the same rules, tactics and bad intentions, covered up with lies and deception..

James

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely! I agree.. but, I'm still a simple female and don't like any kind of war games. Although, I read Sun Tzu, The Art of War.. very interesting to see how todays' special operations are done under the same rules, tactics and bad intentions, covered up with lies and deception..
Fair enough, yes Sun Tzu's The Art of War is a valuable book worthy of study. In my view there are eternal conceptual patterns and strategies. They can be applied to war but also business and inner work also. The 36 Stratagems is another good resource. I recommend people to study such books but the study of the virtues should be primary.

nealonwheels

I want to play games. A first-person adventure, with attractive Myst-like graphics and an occasional gremlin / demon to outwit and overcome. Beginner-friendly, with puzzles that can be solved by a newbie who is not a puzzle-solving expert.

I've seen games like Adera, and The Talos Principle, which look like what I want but I always get bogged down and discouraged. Need a game I can play on my computer without having the walk-thru playing on my phone at the same time.

Main Article Sections
Please Note: the adverts on this page may not be in accordance with the views of VirtueScience
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you buy from Amazon please click here to help support me
Sponsored Advertisement