Current Section
The Forums
A meeting place for truth seekers. Discuss how to be Healthy, Wealthy and Wise. Share your ideas and questions
Article Sections
Character / Virtues
Number Database
Tactics and Self Defense
Conceptual Science
Spirituality
Esoteric Wisdom
Science
Healing Society
Living Space
Magick
Health / Fitness
Financial Freedom
Unexplained Mysteries
About Us

Great Religions: Jainism

James

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Jainism is one of the greatest religions. This is for a number of reason. One is it's emphasis on non-harming. As it should this includes animals. So Jainism is one of the biggest positive forces in the world for animal rights and vegetarianism. Jainism also teaches reincarnation which in my view is accurate.

Jainism also has a concept called Anekantavada many-sidedness. It states that the ultimate truth and reality is complex and has multiple aspects. This helps us to see things from the viewpoint of others and is a natural aid to peaceful truth seeking and understanding.

I also agree with Jainism regarding the duality between Jiva and Ajiva ie the duality between soul/consciousness and matter.

Overall, in my view Jainism, is one of the most accurate philosophies in the world.

jain-hand.png

James

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I agree with that also. There are relative truths and absolute truths. I also say that there are transient changing truths and transcendental unchanging truths. Just a different way of saying the same thing I suppose. Please feel free to share more Jain wisdom in new topics if you wish. In any case I will be inviting some more Jains along with other wise people over the coming weeks.

Sarthak016

Relative Truth - A man Is a father a son a brother etc.
Absolute Truth - A soul is just a soul
truth is defined deeply in Jainism maybe someday I will post about it