The Number 4: Properties and MeaningsPrime Factors of 4=2x2.
4 is a Centered Triangular Number.
4 is a Tetrahedral Number.
4 is a Lucas Number.
4 is a Motzkin Number.
4 is the smallest number of colors sufficient to color all planar maps.
The Tetrahedron is a Platonic Solid with 4 Vertices and 4 Faces.
The Chemical Element Beryllium has an atomic number of 4.
The 4 Elements: Fire, Air, Water and Earth.
In Humans: the four petals of the Base Chakra.
The 4 directions: north, east, south and west.
The four worlds of the kabbalah: Atziluth, the world of the emanation; Briah, the world of the creation; Yetzirah, the world of the formation and Asiah, the world of the action.
The 4 letters of the Tetragrammaton-the name of God.
The 4 Noble Truths of Buddhism.
The four cardinal Virtues: 1. Non-violence, 2. Truth, 3.Purity, 4.Self-control
The Group of Fours 1. The Four Noble Truths 1. Suffering 2. The Cause of Suffering 3. The Cessation of Suffering 4. The Way Leading to the Cessation of Suffering
2. The Four Mental Principles 1. Wisdom (Panna) 2. Truthfulness (Sacca) 3. Abandonment of evil and selfishness (Caga) 4. Appeasement (Upasama)
3. The Four Bases of Success 1. Appreciation (Chanda) 2. Effort (Viriya) 3. Attention (Citta) 4. Investigation (Vimamsa)
4. The Four Divine States of Mind 1. Loving-kindness (Metta) 2. Compassion (Karuna) 3. Sympathetic joy over others' achievement (Mudita) 4. Equanimity (Upekkha)
5. The Four Virtues Conducive to Social Welfare 1. Generosity (Dana) 2. Kind Speech (Piyavaca) 3. Benevolence (Atthacaritya) 4. Adaptability (Samanattata)
6. The Fourfold Right Effort: 1. Effort to restrain from evil 2. Effort to abandon evil 3. Effort to develop good 4. Effort to maintain good
4 Virtues According to Plato:
Wisdom, courage, self-control, and justice.
In Christianity there are four cardinal Virtues: prudence, justice, temperance, and fortitude.
The Sioux value these 4 Virtues: bravery, fortitude, generosity and wisdom.
Film: The 4th Floor
Film: Four Rooms
Film: The Fantastic Four
The Year 4 ADIn the year 4 AD Bak Hyeokgeose of Silla, first ruler of Korea died.
In the year 4 AD Gaius Caesar died.
In the year 4 AD King Phraataces and Queen Musa of Parthia are overthown and killed, the crown being offered to Orodes III of Parthia.
In the year 4 AD Tiberius was chosen by Augustus as emperor of Rome.
Share any properties and meanings for particular Numbers on the Message Board or contact me directly, thanks.
Welcome! Please join myself and many other people around the world and help share pages on this website :)
Please Link to This Page Now:
<a href=" "> </a>